It's good to be back!Find out more
Why Our Pub is Great
A picturesque setting overlooking a quaint village green located a few miles from Hull makes The Green Dragon in Welton perfect for a lovely pub lunch with the family, or a casual dinner with friends. Housed in a 17th Century coaching inn rumoured to have been a favourite of Dick Turpin’s, our pub blends historic charm with casual contemporary dining. Enjoy a warm welcome from friendly, knowledgeable pub people. Choose from a range of real ales, guest beers, wines, spirits, and soft drinks while you browse a very varied menu that features comforting British classics, exciting new takes on family favourites, and world food.
Spend a night or a long weekend in one of the delightful ensuite guest rooms situated in the old stable block. Each room is different. We have 11 in total. Period features like wooden beams give our rooms character, and a sense of history.
The pub kitchen is the heart of the building. Enjoy your favourite meals without the fuss of making them, or if you feel like ringing the changes, discover new and exciting dishes from around the world.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Proper, authentic pub food is what we do. Think delicious plates of comforting, traditional favourites, with delightfully modern twists. Steaks and grills are the stars of our menu. Moreish sharers, nibbles and salads are ideal if you want a quick bite, or if you want something a little different try one of our daily specials. We promise to always make you feel welcome, whether you're having a beer and nibbles in the bar, or enjoying a more leisurely meal in the dining area.View our Menus
Our Pub Facilities
We Would Love To Get Your Feedback.
We welcome all of our customers to share their feedback. Why not click on the button below to share a review on Trip Advisor.
We would love to hear your feedback. Please click on the button below if you would like to get in touch with our team here at Marston's.